BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure includes extensive online documentation, a learning portal with self-paced training courses, and access to this active SAS Community to answer your questions.

If you have questions or support needs as you use SAS Viya on Microsoft Azure, we invite you to post your question to this support forum. SAS experts are ready to reply with guidance to help you to learn and to help you to troubleshoot any challenges you encounter.

Essential resources

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
9 REPLIES 9
rabindrakumar_1
Fluorite | Level 6
Which SAS Viya applications are available on Azure Market place. If I want to use SAS Studio from SAS Viya using Azure Marketplace then whether the application will be installed in my Azure Resource Group like other resources for example Databricks or do we need to perform some customized tasks in order to run SAS Studio available in Azure Resource Group.
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @rabindrakumar_1 -

You may want to refer to the product overview document, which lists the set of products that are included in the Azure marketplace offering as well as other helpful product information.

The included SAS products are:

• SAS Visual Analytics
  • SAS Data Preparation
  • SAS Visual Statistics
  • SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning
  • SAS Optimization
  • SAS Econometrics
  • SAS Studio Analyst
  • SAS for Microsoft 365
  • SAS/ACCESS®
  • SAS Information Governance
  • SAS/QC®
  • SAS/CONNECT®
  • SAS Model Manager

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Rich

Lillioja
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Rich Main,

I watched your video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHYaj5qiPow  but you skipped the bit I'm stuck on. You say "in the spirit of a good cooking show I've already got a deployment up and running". That's where I'm stuck. How did you get a deployment up and running? I filled in the boxes on Azure as you instruct and supplied my credit card details. Now how do I deploy? Where do I find SAS Studio or a SAS editor page, I'm reasonably fluent with SAS 9. to write my programs in Viya now.  So Where did that blue screen come from and which details from my Azure entries am I going to use. Might seem simple to you but Microsoft techs don't have a clue and SAS techs just say not our problem, look at the documentation. But the documentation does not come up with a solution.

(ps your email in the video doesn't work)

DQM
Fluorite | Level 6 DQM
Fluorite | Level 6

@Lillioja 

I followed the instructions in the following link for my SAS Viya deployment on Azure https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/viyaakscdc/v_001/dplyviya0cld0aks/p01dmkd9w5m7lnn10uxnpsjlrc...

There are many reasons for deployment failures. So, please share the specific error info you received if you have encountered deployment failures. 

Lillioja
Fluorite | Level 6

"Tip:You can always view the URL in the Azure portal. Go to your SAS Viya managed application, and then click Parameters and Outputs. In the Outputs section, locate sasViyaUrl under Names. The value for sasViyaUrl is the URL."

I have a subscription in Azure to SAS Viya pay-as-you-go. When I click on managed applications it says I don't have any.

Lillioja
Fluorite | Level 6

Lillioja_0-1727606756647.png

myviyaapp.australiasoutheast.cloudapp.azure.com

Lillioja_1-1727606899714.png

mysasviya.australiasoutheast.cloudapp.azure.com

This is the result when I enter those two strings into the URL bar

Lillioja
Fluorite | Level 6

Sign in to SAS Viya

I can only find a DNS by trying to open a brand new subscription.

I tried to sign in as you see.

Rich Main, you said its as easy as 1,2,3. I'm stuck on 2!

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Lillioja! I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Hopefully I can help.

Please confirm that your subscription matches the documented requirements:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/viyaakscdc/v_001/viyaaksfaq/n09skbpwwk7m4vn122eufqzw4mgr.htm... 

Specifically, you must deploy into a region that supports availability zones:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/reliability/availability-zones-service-support#azure-regions...

It appears that you might be deploying into a region without availability zones? Are you using Australia Southeast? I'm guessing that from the URL you shared. It looks like you may need to try Australia East.

Best regards,

Rich

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation