BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sandeep_sas
Fluorite | Level 6

This was my first instance when I created a thread on the community to seek help regarding the SAS Viya subscription on the marketplace. 

I felt this type of support system is not the best way when you are paying/want to pay for a subscription and relying on an open community for support for answers which may/maybe probabilities. 

This option should be secondary or tertiary instead of the "PRIME" way of seeking help. There must be a SAS track or support ticket way of doing things where you are facing issues with the product; you can seek help from the SAS consultants. Also, there is a defined timeline and ownership when a support ticket is raised with SAS support which is an added benefit. 

Agree or not? 

3 REPLIES 3
sasmi
SAS Employee

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I want to assure you that your constructive feedback does not go unnoticed.

It is valuable information for our whole team, so thank you again for your valuable feedback.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@sandeep_sas  - Have you discussed your views with your SAS account manager? If you haven't done so then I would highly recommend it.

If the Azure Marketplace Subscription model is unable to provide free Tech Support, maybe a pay as you go option might work. 

sandeep_sas
Fluorite | Level 6

@SASKiwi as of now, I aim to test the solution and see how easy or complex it is to get SAS Viya 4 running using this offering for external users like me. 

We are SAS partners so I can contact someone directly in SAS. But not everyone has this privilege. 

Apart from that, I would like to prepare for the new SAS Viya certification and without an environment, it makes it challenging to do hands-on. 

I have played enough with SAS IAC and ansible script to launch SAS Viya-4 but that's a costly option to bear! In marketplace offering, I have the privilege to start and stop the environment to avoid hefty bills! And in this way, I can prepare for the exam too.

But it seems like SAS Viya doesn't want to work 😞