BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fnajera
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi team,

A year ago, you had a similar question, about how to get updates and new features in Viya marketplace, and you mentioned that there was not possible to do it in the current SAS Viya deployment, that it was necessary to redeploy(create a new environment). I think this is not functional. 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Viya-on-Microsoft-Azure/How-to-redeploy-to-get-updates/m-p/860460...

Do you have any other alternative for this year? Because, it's tough to have to create again users, libraries, etc. And of course, migrate the content. It's like if you had to do a migration every 4 months, because the version installed is stable.

I'm asking this, because currently we have another case, where sas made a modification in the permissions of the managed groups , but we cannot leverage it in our current environment, and we will have to redeploy, and migrate what users have developed.

Thanks

Fernando.

1 REPLY 1
Conor_H
SAS Employee

We understand the frustration of redeploying SAS Viya on Azure Marketplace to access new features. We're actively exploring an update mechanism for the Marketplace in collaboration with Microsoft. While I can't share a specific timeline at this moment, your feedback is highly valuable and helps us prioritize these improvements.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation