BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy SAS Viya (pay as you go) and i have a "Request Timeout" after 2 hours. This is the error message i have:

{
"code": "DeploymentFailed",
"target": "/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Resources/deployments/sas-institute-560503.sas-viya-on-azure-20230622180534",
"message": "At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-deployment-operations for usage details.",
"details": [
{
"code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure",
"target": "/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Solutions/applications/Viya",
"message": "The resource provision operation did not complete within the allowed timeout period."
}
]
}

BTW, I used EAST US as the region. And I'm sure the following requirements are met:

• Total Regional vCPUs: 64
  • Standard DSv4: 44
  • Standard EDSv4: 20

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

The updated package has now been published and looks good from our testing.

Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SimonAndersen
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang,

I hope you are doing well!

Earlier this year, another user reported a similar issue.

Feel free to have a look at the following post:

Solved: Azure Deployment failed Status "RequestTimeout" - SAS Support Communities

And please get back to us, if the issue continues to appear.

Thanks,

Simon

Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Simon,

I looked at that post. It doesn't solve my issue because all the requirements/limits of the deployment had been satisfied. The issue continues to appear and fail the deployment.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks,

Kevin

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

We have identified a possible issue with the deployment assets that might be causing this problem.

We are investigating and will post back as soon as we have an answer.

Best regards,

Rich

Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Just FYI. I tried to deploy Viya on East US 2 instead of East US. Deployment failed in about 22 minutes. Here's the error message:

{
  "code""DeploymentFailed",
  "target""/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Resources/deployments/sas-institute-560503.sas-viya-on-azure-20230624205521",
  "message""At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-deployment-operations for usage details.",
  "details": [
    {
      "code""ResourceDeploymentFailure",
      "target""/subscriptions/247dfdd5-ff15-4c42-b58c-216dd8156ca4/resourceGroups/Group1/providers/Microsoft.Solutions/applications/Viya2",
      "message""The resource write operation failed to complete successfully, because it reached terminal provisioning state 'Failed'."
    }
  ]
}

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

Any updated on this? Still waiting to make deployment.

Thanks!

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

We are currently testing an updated deployment package and hope to have it published to the Azure marketplace soon.

I intend to update this thread when it is available. Stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Best regards,

Rich

rich_sas
SAS Employee

Hi @Kevin_Wang -

The updated package has now been published and looks good from our testing.

Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,

Rich

Kevin_Wang
Calcite | Level 5

It works well. Thank you!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation