BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

Dynamic parameters, tag associated items, copy path enhancement | SAS Viya May 2024 Release

Started ‎06-13-2024 by
Modified ‎06-13-2024 by
Views 221

NEWS YOU CAN USE

In this month's edition of our SAS Viya series: dynamic parameters added to SAS Visual Analytics, tag and report associated items in SAS Intelligent Decisioning, and 10 new steps and a copy path enhancement in SAS Studio. Plus, learn how to change the way the SAS log behaves and is displayed in SAS Studio in David's tip of the month. Happy reading!

NEW VIYA FEATURES

Check out these new features and what they mean for you.

Product: SAS Visual Analytics

New feature: Dynamic parameters

Description: Dynamic parameters enable you to have expressions as the value of a parameter instead of just a static column. Learn more.

Product: SAS Intelligent Decisioning

New feature: Associated items

Description: Display a list of all decision items that have been tagged with a specific tag and export it as a PDF. Learn more.

Product: SAS Studio

New feature: 10 new steps and copy path enhancement

Description: Ten new steps have been added across the statistics, prepare data, and optimization and network analysis categories. The context menu in the explorer pane has been extended to include the option to copy a file/folder path to the clipboard. Learn more.

SPOTLIGHT USE CASE

Dynamic parameters

You can create more sophisticated and dynamic reports, leveraging expression-based parameters to handle complex calculations and scenarios that were previously challenging. For example, you can have a "TotalSales" parameter. This parameter value remains constant regardless of interactions with other dashboard elements, providing a stable reference point for users that can be used in a table or gauge display as a target KPI.

TIP OF THE MONTH

samdellicker_0-1718312776764.jpeg

Brought to you by David Weik
Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, SAS

Did you know you can change how the SAS log is displayed and behaves in SAS Studio? One of my favorites is adding error and warning icons to the code tab gutter (that is the area in the code where you see the line numbers). When you hover over the icon, you see the log message, and clicking on it takes you directly to that location inside of the log. This helps me improve my speed when debugging my code.

You can find this and many more settings using the options menu (1), selecting preferences (2), going to code and log (3), and selecting the display error and warning icons in the code tab gutter (4).

For an example, see the screenshots below. Learn more.

93815d18-e422-47f5-a0d8-5cf8b5cf5862.png

1252a7ce-ad7f-4909-9905-20beeb61f8a8.png

Version history
Last update:
‎06-13-2024 05:33 PM
Updated by:
Contributors

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Article Tags