BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
raj4sas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi sasians,

Here is the problem i am facing while data preperation .

This invloves a column which has commodity names and includes several leveles(you can refer to the excel sheet attached).

i was asked to create a hierarchy from that column.

i have been trying by transposing the dataset , creating custom categories but all of them resulted nothing useful.

if there is any way i can get through this problem , please guide me.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Astounding
PROC Star

If you really want anyone to answer, you will have to do two things.

First, post a few lines of data instead of attaching a spreadsheet.  Few people trust an online spreadsheet.

Second, describe what you mean by "hierarchy".  What should the final result look like?

raj4sas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

The data in excel sheet is like...

comm_name

I primary articles

(A) Food Articles

a.food Grains

a1.cereals

rice

wheat

jowar...

Like this every level of data is in single column.I want this data to be in multiple columns for every level inside, to be able to create a hierarchy in sas va

comm_name1          comm_name2         Comm_name3      Comm_name4   Commm_name5

I Primary Articles      (A) Food Articles     a.Food Grains       a.cereals            Rice

I Primary Articles      (A) Food Articles     a.Food Grains       a.cereals            Wheat

I Primary Articles      (A) Food Articles     a.Food Grains       a.cereals            Jowar

.                                 .                                .                            .                         .

.                                 .                                .                            .                         .

if there is any way i can get it in sas va ....! or in sas eg, base sas ...

Thanks 

Rajkumar pasupuleti