BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PallaviNG
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to limit global prompt filters from affecting particular objects within the section??

for example: I have a button bar or control objects and many graphs in one section but I want to avoid filter from button bar or controls object and continue filter with other objects and graphs

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I guess you're using VA 7.x and I'd say no to your question.

Why not just place the button bar in the report area and link it to the choosen objects yourself instead?

//Fredrik

PallaviNG
Calcite | Level 5

The temporary solution we found for this limitation is to use a separate data set for button bars using custom category. 

Since the global filters will be from another data set and we donot map both the data sets, the data set used for button bars will be independent and doesnot get filtered when the global filters are selected.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation