BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rufmau68
Obsidian | Level 7

im new in VA, and i have a question

can i create an interaction based on not equal boolean rule ?

or can i use only equal boolean rule

i explain main needs:

i need that the user select by list control some product that are excluded from other analytics object 

interactions works only in equals and parameters (where i could land the selections) works only with single selection and not in multiple selection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If I understand what you are asking, I was able to do this by creating a filter on the target object like this: 

filter_noIn.jpg

This is the text version 

( 'Type'n NotIn 'Type Multi-Select'p )

Where Type is the data item in my target object, and Type Multi-Select is a multi-select parameter that is assigned to the Parameter role for a List Control.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If I understand what you are asking, I was able to do this by creating a filter on the target object like this: 

filter_noIn.jpg

This is the text version 

( 'Type'n NotIn 'Type Multi-Select'p )

Where Type is the data item in my target object, and Type Multi-Select is a multi-select parameter that is assigned to the Parameter role for a List Control.

rufmau68
Obsidian | Level 7

i select character list, but i discover later that create parameter option in left panel is different than create parameter option with ritght click on list control with multiple selection enabled

so i find out solution

thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation