BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mhamlett
Quartz | Level 8

sas va 7.3 newbie

scenario:

i have a table with customer no,accounting period, accounting year, sales

i want to display a table with this info plus additional 2 columns on each row....one for sales last period same year, the other for sales same period last year. then i can show other calculations such as %diff, amount diff,etc.

we know how to build a view in sql to accomplish this.  can this be accomplished within VA using calculated or aggregated measures.?

thanks

1 REPLY 1
Karthikk
Fluorite | Level 6

Hii  Mhamlett,

As far as i understood let us say if you have Date value in date format in SASVA bring out year and month from it.

Create new Aggregated Measure and add Relative period function from Operators>> Period.

In place of Measure use what you want for eg here Sales and  Year in Date and Where you see a Zero Value please make it as '-1' This will give you the value of sales for  'June 2015' beside the period 'July2015' we say it as Previous Period for the year.

Try Paralell Period Operator for Same Month LastYear Sales values.

Let Me know If i answered your question.

Regards,

Karthik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation