BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
romartins
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a dataset that deals with monetary values, and some of its values, by business rule, end up being positive values, but also negative values. We found some formats but without success of representation, according to the attached images.

The question is, how do I transform a NUMERIC value (not char) to represent it with the real R$ Symbol to use in the sas visual analytics?

I have at the moment:

romartins_0-1675801157427.png

nlmnlbrl

romartins_1-1675801157434.png

nlmnibrl

I'm looking for something like:

100,00 -> R$ 100,00
0,00 -> R$ 0,00

-100,00 -> R$ -100,00

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

What version of Visual Analytics do you have?

In 8.5 and later, I can select "Currency (local)" and then pick "Brazil" to get "R$" format:

brazil.png

This is likely also available for earlier versions, but I only have 8.5 and later easily accessible to me.

Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Sam

romartins
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Sam,
The version I have is 8.5.2. Yes, this is exactly what we are looking for. We are even using this same option.

The issue is that I need to modify this representation of the SYMBOL to negative NUMERIC values, by default, it comes with "(" ")", and this is not ideal for the client, I need it to be something like "R$ -100,00" for example. Do you know if there is such a possibility?

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for the clarification.

@Madelyn_SAS @HunterT_SAS , can you help with this numeric formatting issue?

Thanks,

Sam

HunterT_SAS
SAS Employee

Unfortunately displaying negative currency values with a hyphen/dash instead of within parenthesis is not an option in Visual Analytics version 8.5.2. Currency will always use the parenthesis to show negative values. 

You *might* be able to achieve this with a user-defined format, but this is not something I have explored:

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/caldatamgmtcas/n0jtz261h5qtg7n1j6ql02gd65lo.htm

Or using a non-currency format will also show the negative symbol (hyphen/dash) if you can get away with that, but I realize that is not ideal either.

This has changed for Viya 4 if moving to that release in the future is an option. In that version of Visual Analytics (version 2023.02 in this example), negative values are used:

HunterT_SAS_0-1675866503330.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation