Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

error during query building

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

error during query building

[ Edited ]

hi,

I am trying to build a query using data preperation I validate the query it is valid but when I try to to run the query it gives an error

ERROR: Insufficient resources to perform the operation.
ERROR: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of insufficient memory

how to solve this problem? 

thanks,

Attachment
Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-28-2016 12:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: error during query building

It means the query is too large to run on the machine. Remember the LASR Server is using the RAM - so there is less available to use for uploads and other processing.

I don't have a suggestion other than make the query smaller by adding a WHERE clause.  You can also try unloading some data from the LASR server to make more room in memory.  Also increase your RAM on your machine (but that is more involved.)  Cat Surprised

I have seen other change the MEMSIZE but I don't know if that will help.  

I'll be curious to hear suggestions from others.

Tricia Aanderud
Zencos Consulting
Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-28-2016 12:54 AM
Frequent Contributor

It means the query is too large to run on the machine. Remember the LASR Server is using the RAM - so there is less available to use for uploads and other processing.

I don't have a suggestion other than make the query smaller by adding a WHERE clause.  You can also try unloading some data from the LASR server to make more room in memory.  Also increase your RAM on your machine (but that is more involved.)  Cat Surprised

I have seen other change the MEMSIZE but I don't know if that will help.  

I'll be curious to hear suggestions from others.

Tricia Aanderud
Zencos Consulting

Contributor

sorry for this to late reply but suggestion you have given for unloading some data from the LASR server did work and the query ran well so does my auto load process. Madam do you some alternate approaches for Autolad in SAS VA other than registering table in library in SMC and then build query on SAS VA. I would like to here from you and once again I really appreciate your reply and solution on the topic.

Thanks&Regards
Nishant
Frequent Contributor

There are multiple ways to load data into the LASR Server.

Here's some good references that discuss it:

Tricia Aanderud
Zencos Consulting

Contributor

Thank you very much mam for your reply and really useful links.

Nishant
Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation