BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gauravp1993
Obsidian | Level 7

When i am creating a bar graph having multiple measures,the graph goes crowded and feels irrelevant.Even if i am providing filters,in my case, two filter A and B, where A have multiple values of B and B is shown on bar graph.Every time i select option A all the values of B gets populated on graph.Is there any way so that graph is generated only after selecting certain values of B?

1 REPLY 1
spiritgate
Fluorite | Level 6

If you can provide some examples that would be great. Because from the way I see it, it seems like quite impossible since A and B have relationship with each other. So in order to blank out one of the measures it would be quite impossible. 

However, if there are no relationship between these two variables, then you can use filter to hide all the B data. But I dont think that would be the case. 

So the most important thing is to understand the purpose of your graph rather than the cluttered information (Although the view is important as well when it comes to presentation)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation