BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am working on Student Retention data and was trying multiple explorations and analytical models. I would be glad if anyone can suggest me which models(or) explorations would be best to analyze the student retention data which is having the common variables like gender,ethnicity, retention rate(aggregated measure) and many others.

Thanks in advance,

Thanuja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

This type of analysis is usually trying to identify combinations of categorical measures (age, gender, ethnicity etc) that predict a binary outcome (retained or not retained)

logistic regression could be one suitable statistical techinque but I guess you would need to have the visual stats add on for that. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

What questions are to be answered by the analysis? It is somewhat difficult to suggest a model without knowing what the model should represent.

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

This type of analysis is usually trying to identify combinations of categorical measures (age, gender, ethnicity etc) that predict a binary outcome (retained or not retained)

logistic regression could be one suitable statistical techinque but I guess you would need to have the visual stats add on for that. 

Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Ballard,

1) What are the factors that are affecting the Student Retention Rate?

2) How and why these factors impact the Student Retention Rate?

3) What will be the retention rate with the existing conditions?

4) Any other ideas to increase student retention rate?

These are some, any additional analysis which can help the institution will be useful.

-Thanuja

mike2468
Obsidian | Level 7

A decision tree would be a good starting point if you do not have Visual Statistics.

Thanuja
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I do have Visual Statistics add-on to Visual Analytics. I am using 7.1 version. 

The target is a binary variable having 0 and 1.

-Thanuja

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

There are some online demos for logistic regression, decision trees and clustering using visual statistics here - http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/analytics/visual-statistics.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation