BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TestingSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

In one of the report ( please see screen shot) i have a filter where values are more then 1000, but the VA is not displaying them, which is creating lots of issues in the Analysis,

is her a way to display all the values?

from the unlisted value my senior management want to select few and soe times all so what i need is following

1. is there a way to search the value ( as currently i am unable to search as VA throws an error if i want to search a value which is in unlisted bucket)

2. is there a way to search and select multiple values from the unlisted bucket as well from the main list?

3. can i display all

4. can i have another drop down filter where i can only display unlisted values from the previous filter?

many regards and thanks in advance to all who will respond

sas.JPG
3 REPLIES 3
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Is it possible to another column to your table with additional catagorization.  For instance assign the station numbers to groups like (1000-1999, 2000-2999, 3000-3999) or prefilter to remove any stations that have smaller values? I realize this does not change the filters but it may allow you to better catagorize the data so the report drop-down could change it. 

Possibly it will just give you some ideas about how to resovle the issue.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

TestingSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

and if the values are Character type?

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You can use the Custom Category option to organize the values.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n133d7vjj5losnn0zber8...

Another option is to do it in SAS code.  If the station numbers look like numbers - then change it to a numeric value and create your new category.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation