BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
racrown
Calcite | Level 5

We have Visual Analytics 7.3 ( installed in a distributed environment -4 worker nodes with 128GB RAM each.(no co-located data store)  I am loading data from Hive(separate Hadoop cluster w/o SAS compoents) into LASR.  My users want to search raw data sets which are aproximately 200GB+.  I have no problem loading smaller sets which are as large as 80GB into LASR, but the 200GB+ fail to load.  When they apply the filters to get to the data they need, it should be less than 1% of the 200GB.  Pulling it all into the LASR memory structures seem to be very cumbersome for this use case.   I am thinking a different SAS tool would have better served their needs.  I am thinking Data Miner, Web Reports or SAS/ACCESS Interface to Hadoop might map well.  Advice is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would suggest that running SQL queries against the data in Hadoop would be a far better option. LASR servers should be for  reporting and exploring using the VA front-end only.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation