BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

We are using following aggregated measure in SAS VA 7.3:

( Count [_ByGroup_] ('Inspection_ID'n) / Distinct [_ByGroup_] ('Inspection_ID'n) ) -

( Count [_ForAll_] ('Inspection_ID'n) / Distinct [_ForAll_] ('Inspection_ID'n) )

Filtering on this aggregated measure does not return results as expected. We suspect the _ForAll_ is not returning the correct numbers...

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Frank_Boekamp
Quartz | Level 8

I think the problem was using filters and ranking on the graph. Those are influencing the outcomes.

Using a filter on an aggregated measure which uses _ForAll_ is not returning outcomes as I expect. I expect it to behave like the 'HAVING' clause in SQL but that is not the case because the _ForAll_ value is changed by applying the filter. The _ForAll_ value is based on the result set that is displayed in the graph.

With ranking it's very important to display 'All Other' when using an aggregated measure which uses _ForAll_. That way the numbers are correct when ranking the graph.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation