Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

User filtering on aggregated measures

New Contributor

User filtering on aggregated measures

Hello,

I've created a table that shows the total revenue per customer (aggregated measure).

Now I would like to add a filter (slider) where the report-user can filter on for example all customer with a total revenue more than € 100.

I've found how I can add this filter in the right pane under the tab 'Filters', but I can't seem to figure out how to add this kind of filter to the report itself -- so it's accessible and controlable by the report-user.

Is there a way to add this kind of filter based on the aggregated measure to the report?

I'm new to VA, and this question is bugging me...

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Lotte

SAS Super FREQ

Re: User filtering on aggregated measures

Hello Lotte,

You can add a slider control to your report as a report prompt. In VA 7.3 you can also use a slider as a section prompt.

To add a slider control as a prompt, select the Objects tab in the left panel and find Slider under the Controls group. Drag the Slider to the part of the report where it says "Drag controls here to create a report prompt" or "Drag controls here to create a section prompt".

Now right-click the slider and select Add Measure and choose your aggregated measure.

Does that work?

Thanks,

Sam

New Contributor

Hey Sam,

No, this is only partly what I need. I need to figure out how to populate the slider with information that is aggregated in the table.

For example, if customer A has had 3 visits, each worth € 10, he will be listed as 'Customer A - €30' in the table.

I want the slider to have an effect on the €30, not on the 3 separate €10.

My aggregated measure is not performing the 'group by' correctly. I need to get the group by from my table into my slider as well.

Kr,

Lotte

SAS Super FREQ

Hi Lotte,

In the Properties tab for the slider, there should be an option, Interact with the data in view. Is this enabled?

Also, I believe there should be an Auto Populate button on the properties tab that set the minimum and maximum values for the slider to match the aggregated values in your table. This exists in VA 7.3 but I am not able to check easily whether it was there in earlier version.

Does that help?

Thanks,

Sam

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation