05-16-2016 07:07 AM
I'm following this URL http://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html
I've created a User Defined format and saved it at "
SAS-config-dir/Lev1/SASApp/SASEnvironment/SASFormats" as specified.
How can I use this format in SAS VA Designer?
What steps to be followed to "define User Defined Formats in the SAS® LASR™ Analytic Server"?
05-19-2016 03:18 PM
It's not that you can "use" (per se) the user-defined custom format within SAS VA Designer.
SAS VA Designer can "recognize" the user-defined custom format already applied to the source data.
So it is assumed the user-defined custom format was applied to the column/variable (in something like SAS EG, BASE SAS, or the like) PRIOR to following that SASNOTE and PRIOR to loading the SAS data set into SAS VA LASR.
Once all that takes place and then working with such data items is documented here (as well as related/unrelated topics):
Do a search on the term "user-defined" throughout above page (there should be 20 occurrences).
1 example ... The designer can display data items using an existing user-defined format that has already been specified externally for a data column in a data source. However, you cannot specify a new or different user-defined format for a data item in the designer.
Hope this helps,
Ted Stolarczyk, SAS Customer Loyalty team
05-20-2016 12:48 AM
Thanks alot for that link, now I got some idea and These are the steps I followed:
1. Created an ODBC Library in SMC and registered the tables.
2. From SAS EG using LIBNAME statement I accessed the table.
3. Applied the User-defined format to the table(i.e, converting Billions to INR).
4. Now I'm stuck at loading the table to the LASR Server? , can you guide me how to do this.
05-20-2016 11:42 AM
Loading data to SAS LASR Server is the same thing as loading data into SAS Visual Analytics.
LASR Server is basically the "back-end" in-memory data "store" behind SAS Visual Analytics.
Not to be presumptuous, have you ever loaded data into SAS Visual Analytics before?
Particularly for SAS data sets, they are a variety of ways to do it ...
* Pre-define SAS libname (and Metadata folder reference) in SAS Management Console and then load into memory via SAS VA Web Admin interface (via that Metadata folder reference); or
* SAS Visual Data Builder; or
* directly from within SAS Visual Analytics Designer (Reporter) itself via self-service load; or
* directly from within SAS Visual Analytics Explorer itself via self-service load; or
* place the data file in SAS Visual Analytics Auto-Load directly structure (assuming this is configured within your installation); or
* SAS Add-in for MS-Office or Enterprise Guide can "push" data to SAS LASR (depending on your version and if they are set up in a shared Metadata environment with your VA).
Any of these methods assume you even have proper authorization to load data into your SAS VA LASR, so you may need to work with your SAS Admin.
Hope this helps,