BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everybody,

I'm using VA 7.4 and I would like to know if is it possible to unload a table loaded in memory with the so called "self-service" import using, for example, VA-Explorer or if it is necessary to use VA-Administrator. 

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Carlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can use SAS code as well to unload data. For example PROC DATASETS with a DELETE statement can be used to delete the table from LASR memory and PROC METALIB can be used to delete the metadata definition once the actual table is deleted. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can use SAS code as well to unload data. For example PROC DATASETS with a DELETE statement can be used to delete the table from LASR memory and PROC METALIB can be used to delete the metadata definition once the actual table is deleted. 

barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SASKiwi, thanks for your quick answer!

Yes, I can use SAS code to load and unload data, but my question is slightly different.

My question is:

I can load data in memory with Visual Analytics Data Builder, Explorer and Designer (that are client for users, not for administrators).

Is it possible, with the same clients, to unload data (and delete metadata) or the help of an administrator is needed?

Think, for example, that I've loaded a wrong table and I want to eliminate it.

Thanks again and best regards,

Carlo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation