02-17-2015 06:21 AM
We have just installed SAS Visual Analytics on Windows Server 2008 R2. We have referred this document: http://support.sas.com/documentation/solutions/va/71/en/vasmicg.pdf
The above document wasn't available in the installation package. It was provided with different access credentials only after a support request.
This document does not include any configuration details after installation. The last step (#7) asks us to validate the installation through the URL for the hub. We are failing at this as after providing credentials on the login page, the hub isn't loading and we aren’t sure where to begin troubleshooting.
Any pointers on troubleshooting would be great help.
06-06-2015 09:10 PM
I was having similar problem today when I updated from VA 6.3 to 7.2. I opened VA Hub in Internet Explorer Version 9 (9.0.8112) and it would not load. IE always said "Loading" with some circles beneath the text, everything in relatively light blue (as compared to VA 6.3) background.
It's weekend so I cannot reach SAS Technical Support. Tried to search about the problem on internet but did not find anything relevant other than this thread.
Then it just clicked me and I opened SAS VA Hub in Google Chrome and it loaded the newer version of VA Hub successfully (after displaying some cool loading graphics, which were static in IE9).
@Rahul - Request you to post what your problem was and what resolved it.
@Justin - SAS has provided very limited resources to troubleshoot any problem with the VA suite as an admin. It would have been helpful it SAS support site had more tips and error message documentation to troubleshoot the problems. SAS Tech Support does help but it takes a while and exchange of emails and files (config and log files) before the problem is understood and resolved. Where as so many small problems can be resolved by the admins themselves if we have a good documentation of error messages.
Thanks and regards,
06-07-2015 09:41 AM
In VA 7.2, the initial configuration uses a "modern" (html5) mode of the hub (home page), which not all browsers support. If you want to instead use the "classic" (Flex-based) mode, (which has wider browser support), you have 2 options:
* you can force the use of the classic mode for all users in your deployment by setting the home.ui.mode property - see the SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide, Fourth Edition
* you can let each user choose their own default mode by setting an individual preference. for example, since you already have the modern hub open in Chrome, you can click your name in the banner, select Settings, select "Default Appearance" (below "Home"), and select the "Classic" radio button. (if the radio buttons are disabled, the home.ui.mode property is set, which prevents individual selection of mode)
I think the IE browser requirement for the modern mode is IE11.
I hope this is helpful,
06-10-2015 04:42 PM
Thanks Catherine!! Sure, I got that. Our organization is still testing IE11 before it is rolled out to the users. But as of now, I am good with Google Chrome.
Thanks and regards,
06-08-2015 12:07 AM
If you had followed all the steps as indicated in the installation guide , the link should work perfectly. Any how if the installation and configuration are correct, just be sure that you are using the correct link to open the hub (http://VA-host.example.com/ SASVisualAnalyticsHub) where VA-host is name of your server and example.com is the domain name.
Even though it dosent work try to reinstall the fresh copy. I would rather suggest you to first install as the first step and then configure the VA as the second step.
If you want to reinstall, you have to perform the following step before reinstalling:-
1) Stop all the SAS services
2) Remove the SAS Folders(Installation and configuration) from the system
3) Remove System registry of the SAS Software
4) Remove System Registry of the SAS Services
5) Restart the server and then try to install fresh copy of SAS Software