Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Unable to Schedule a data query for less than an hour time interval

Occasional Contributor

Unable to Schedule a data query for less than an hour time interval

Hi All,

In the SAS VA Data Builder, I want to schedule a query to run every 5 minutes or less everyday. I tried to schedule it for every 10 mins, 20 mins and half hour but got an error:  "The task XML contains too many nodes of the same type."   . I tried to schedule it to run for every hour and it was successful. In my scenario, 1 hour is a very big time interval. Is there any way to reduce the interval time in minutes?

Using SAS 9.4, VA 7.3 TS1M3

Your valueable comments will be appreciable.

SAS Employee

Re: Unable to Schedule a data query for less than an hour time interval

Posted in reply to nattargekar

Hi nattargekar, the smallest interval is one hour. It generates a .sas file. You might be able to get more advanced or creative with SAS Management Console. 

Regards,

I-Kong

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to I_Kong_SAS

Hi @I_Kong_SAS, Thanks a lot for your reply. We have a requirement to run the query every 10 mins. Also, the Query Builder in SAS VA shows option to schedule the query every 1 min. Can you please give the location of the .SAS file? And put some light, if possible, on scheduling from management console? It will be really helpful. Thanks again @I_Kong_SAS.

Trusted Advisor

Posted in reply to nattargekar

Hi,

The schedule can be customized a lot from the scheduler itself, for SAS VA, it is generally the operating system (Windows or Linux). 

I believe in your case it is Windows.

I would advise you: when you will schedule a task/query, align with your administrators, because they can modify the schedule to the time/trigger you require. Every 10 min is possible.

Best regards,

Juan

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation