BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DandarahZ
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I have a project that needs to use a time slider. However, i have received some complains where using the slider is inconvenient. I have an idea to continue using a slider, but with an extra feature that enables me to input the start and end values of the slider. Is such an function possible?

Regards

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

Out of the box you can set the start/ to min/max of the variable value.

If you want more control I think you can edit the xml to achieve that not sure which elements you can change.

Try typing ctrl + alt + b to see the report xml and check if you can find the slider element.

If it's there you can script in values for start/stop 🙂

//Fredrik

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

You should be able to set the starting and ending values in the options for the Slider control.

If your users click the endpoints on the slider control, a date selector should appear that will enable them to specify the exact date for the start and end of the time range.

As an aside, editing your report's XML source is not officially supported. You should only do so with the guidance of SAS Technical Support and only after creating a backup copy of your report. For this specific task I don't think there is anything to be gained by doing this.

Sam

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I assumed Dan wanted to set the min/max dynamically hence my recommendations 🙂

It would be so nice if it was possible to use a function for setting min/max in the slider object (or any object ;))

As always with unsupported functionality one should think twice before using it 🙂

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation