BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MikA
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there

1) I recall having seen a time series graph being animated when "launched". Consider having 4 curves and some linked menu-buttons with cathegorial values. What I want to happen is, clicking on a button-chategory I get the 4 curves running from left to right. 

2) My time series is relatively long. How do I put in a feature that I can zoom in on fx. 1/4 of the time series' x-axis? I believe I've seen this

demonstrated as well.

Am I completely nuts?

(My VA Designer version is 7.2 Hotfix 01 (can some of it be achieved by updating?)

Best regards, MikA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi MikA,

1. I am not sure about 7.2 but in 7.3 you can animate a line chart by assigning the Animation data role. You cannot animate a time series plot.

2. If you mouse over the X axis, you should see a sort of slider bar. You can drag the edges of this bar to narrow the view of that axis, and then you drag the bar to shift the selected view. I think that is what you had in mind?

Hope this helps,

Sam

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi MikA,

1. I am not sure about 7.2 but in 7.3 you can animate a line chart by assigning the Animation data role. You cannot animate a time series plot.

2. If you mouse over the X axis, you should see a sort of slider bar. You can drag the edges of this bar to narrow the view of that axis, and then you drag the bar to shift the selected view. I think that is what you had in mind?

Hope this helps,

Sam

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Animation data roles were also available in SAS Visual Analytics Designer in 7.2, but not for the time series report object. 

For an example of the scroll bar that Sam mentioned in #2, see the Working with Data Roles topic in the SAS Visual Analytics 7.2 User's Guide. (The screen capture is under the Add Data Roles for Lattice Columns or Lattice Rows in a Graph heading.)

-Joy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation