BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

Another newbie question I'm afraid!

I was trying to create a butterfly chart in VA, I manged to create the chart using graph builder but got stuck at defining measures. My data is very basic:

Staff_ID, Gender, Grade

I want one side of the chart to show male and the other female. How do I create a male and female measure? (Grade will be the category)

In MS Power BI I would just do calculate(counta(staff_id),gender="male") and that would create a measure that shows a sum off all males based on the context of the chart/table.

Many thanks

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
ShannonMoore
SAS Employee

Phil, I am trying to visualize your data. So the grade will be the categorical value like an 'A', 'B', 'C', etc. or is a number that is treated as a category?  Would you please give me a sample of couple of lines of the data? Also, when you say you used the Graph Builder, did you use the Butterfly example with no changes?  Thank you, Shannon

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Yes the grade will be categorical 

A sample of the data could be

Staff_ID, Gender, Grade

1,M,G10

2,M,G8

3,F,G9

4,F,G1

Yes I did pick the butterfly example with no changes.

Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation