BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jubikunjumon
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

need to get more understanding as how the flow of  mpp architecture works, we are going to install VA (en1, env2 env3 i.e 3 different environment) with single hadoop cluster environment.  Will it affect the performance  in hadoop env

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As I understand it SAS VA performance is primarily driven by the number and type of processor cores in the VA App server along with the amount and type of memory used for your LASR data. Hadoop will only come into it when data is copied from there to LASR.

SAS provides a free sizing service for deciding on hardware with VA. I strongly recommend you take advantage of this. There are key architectural decisions to be made which require expert advice. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation