Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Suggestions for small footprint, hardware infrastructure (MPP) for Visual Analytics environment.

Occasional Contributor

Suggestions for small footprint, hardware infrastructure (MPP) for Visual Analytics environment.

Hi,

need to get more understanding as how the flow of  mpp architecture works, we are going to install VA (en1, env2 env3 i.e 3 different environment) with single hadoop cluster environment.  Will it affect the performance  in hadoop env

Respected Advisor

Re: Suggestions for small footprint, hardware infrastructure (MPP) for Visual Analytics environment.

As I understand it SAS VA performance is primarily driven by the number and type of processor cores in the VA App server along with the amount and type of memory used for your LASR data. Hadoop will only come into it when data is copied from there to LASR.

SAS provides a free sizing service for deciding on hardware with VA. I strongly recommend you take advantage of this. There are key architectural decisions to be made which require expert advice. 

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation