Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Stored Process - Download Data

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Stored Process - Download Data

Hi all,

Can anyone point me towards a beginners guide to creating a stored process that would allow users to download large amounts of data to csv or Excel? I've found several articles on the web but they all seem to assume a base level of knowledge.

We have been using the export facility from a table but are running into row count issues.(We have Office Analytics but I'm giving up on getting IT to install it for relevant users)

Basic requirements are:

• What is the basic SAS code to export csv or Excel reliably
  • Where would the SAS program be saved on the VA server?
  • Are they are gotchas or issues that we should be aware of with using sroed processes for this purpose?

Any help appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Trusted Advisor

Re: Stored Process - Download Data

Hi there @itchyeyeballs,

do I understand correctly that you are trying to make work such STPs on a SAS VA server?

Before answering to your questions, if you try to let the users to download the data from a report into a csv or Excel, there is a metadata cabaility that will grant the users to right click on a table and download the data from it.

Now, coming back to your questions:

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
Trusted Advisor

Hi there @itchyeyeballs,

do I understand correctly that you are trying to make work such STPs on a SAS VA server?

Before answering to your questions, if you try to let the users to download the data from a report into a csv or Excel, there is a metadata cabaility that will grant the users to right click on a table and download the data from it.

Now, coming back to your questions:

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Juan

Frequent Contributor

Great thank you, yes we are trying to get this to work on SAS server.

We cant use the list table object as theres too much data (100,000 + rows and growing)

That stored process looks perfect, will give it a go (for some reason clicking the hyperlink you posted doesnt work, I had to copy/paste it - maybe my browser)

Much apreciated

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation