BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dave_alscient
Obsidian | Level 7

Can anyone help with the basics for staging / persisting data in VA 7.1. At the moment I need to re-load data from source (I am using ODBC to pull in from a SQL Server database) when I restart VA. I understand that the data can be staged on the VA server to avoid havibg to reload from source but not sure of the mechanics or steps for achieving this.

4 REPLIES 4
Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi,

Creating a staging table is an option that is available when you create a data query (from the data builder). Here is some information that might be helpful:

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide

If you don't need to create a data query, you can also save the LASR table to HDFS (SASHDAT). From the data builder, click LASR > Save a SASHDAT Table/Save a Table to HDFS (depending on your version). Here is some more information that might be helpful:  SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.2: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

dave_alscient
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the pointers Lorrie. Having tried this I am struggling with the location to create the staging table(s). You can see below the libraries I have from the default installation.

SAS Libraries.png

When I looked to select the library for the staging table the only two options I could select were the Visual Analytics Public Data Provider and Visual Analytics Public LASR libraries.The latter gave me an error ("The application does not support SAS LASR Analytic Server Staging Libraries") when I attempted to select this.Am I missing a library to store the staging tables?

Regards,

Dave.

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Dave,

It is possible that your deployment doesn't include HDFS or that you don't have permission to use the library. I would check with your administrator.

Another option would be to contact your administrator and ask them to set the tables to reload on start. If this is a possibility, I think that you wouldn't even need to worry about creating staging tables for them.

Best regards,

Lorrie

dave_alscient
Obsidian | Level 7

Lorrie, our deployment doesn't inlcude HDFS. The re-load on start flags are set in the management console for the LASR library, therefore I have assumed that data must be staged on the LASR server as a BASE SAS table in order to re-load on start. My data is held externally and pulled in via ODBC initially.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation