Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Sharing custom built graph templates with colleagues

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sharing custom built graph templates with colleagues

Is there a way to share a custom graph with colleagues so that they can build reports using what you have created?

I am aware you could do it though management console and just drop the graph in each staff members 'my folder'. But is there a better way?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-15-2014 08:38 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Sharing custom built graph templates with colleagues

You could consider saving the custom graph in public shared folder instead of the default 'My Folder'. While the custom graph doesn't get automatically added to each staff member - interested users could manually add this custom graph later (using the Show/Hide option in the Object tab). See SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.3: User's Guide for more details.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Falko

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-15-2014 08:38 PM
SAS Employee

You could consider saving the custom graph in public shared folder instead of the default 'My Folder'. While the custom graph doesn't get automatically added to each staff member - interested users could manually add this custom graph later (using the Show/Hide option in the Object tab). See SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.3: User's Guide for more details.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Falko

New Contributor

Many thanks Falko for your answer. I tried that and it works.

It is better than what I was thinking but will obviously require each user to add it in the template the first time.

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation