Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

Sending line graph having combination of controls as e-mail on SAS Visual Analytics

Occasional Contributor

Sending line graph having combination of controls as e-mail on SAS Visual Analytics

Hi,

In a project, I need to send line graph in a report nevertheless we have controls which affect the graph. I need to reach the line graph for all combination of controls and send results as e-mail on SAS Visual Analytics via SMTP server. You can see an example for this situation below.

In example, there are a button, a dropdown list and a line graph. Values on line graph are changed by button and dropdown list. And I need to send all results of graph as email automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

SAS Employee

Re: Sending line graph having combination of controls as e-mail on SAS Visual Analytics

Hello @dcakir

Could you please elaborate where exactly did you hit the bump? 

Ad-hoc e-mails:

In the report viewer mode go to File -> E-mail...

Scheduled distribution: 

In the report designer mode go to File -> Distribute Reports... -> New report Job... -> etc...

The e-mail has a hyperlink to the report and optionally pdf-file will be attached? 

Best regards,

Petri Roine

Frequent Contributor

Re: Sending line graph having combination of controls as e-mail on SAS Visual Analytics

It sounds like you want to automate the production of a chart for every combination of variables?

If so SAS VA can't do this itself, as a work around it is possible to automate your browser via a script, somethiing like the link below may help

http://www.howtogeek.com/113789/how-to-automate-repetitive-web-browser-tasks-with-imacros/

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Actually,you exactly figure out what I try to say. But imacros couldn't achieve that. imacros can not find the buttons in SAS VA.

Thanks,

Doğan ÇAKIR

Occasional Contributor

Hello Petri,

I tried both ways but the point is that I want to push the button and get screenshot then push another button and get new screenshot after that I send the screenshots as e-mail.

Thanks,

Doğan ÇAKIR

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation