BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
evin_wilson
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to set a control on a section to select multiple items at once to apply to the items below?  So for instance, if I go to Insert -> Controls -> and then Drop-Down List, drag that to the top where it says "Drop Controls here to create a section prompt".  I want to be able to select multiple items.  Is there any way with any control or filter available to accomplish this?

Control-DropDown-ScreenShot.png
2 REPLIES 2
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Evin.

There are at least two options to choose from.

1.)  Use the list option from the controls. Now you can select any combination of items as you like.

List_Control.png

2.)  Use multiple selection in the Pie chart.  While pressing the CNTRL key you can select one ore more pies from the piechart that is linked to the other bar and table via interactions.  (This works on any object, even list tables)

Multiple_Selection.png

Thats how I do it now. This is within VA 6.2.  I am not shure if there are new options in 6.3.

Greetings

evin_wilson
Calcite | Level 5

That should work for what we're trying to do.  Thanks for helping out!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation