BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tedp2
Calcite | Level 5

I have a SAS VA report with a prompt that has many multi-select list objects. It is imperative that the users of the report have the ability to save their selection so that they can reopen the report with their previous selections already filtered.

I know it is possible to use parameters for single-selection objects and build a URL that will select filter the report. My current report uses only multi-select objects which do not allow for parameters.

We have currently thought of some (poor) workarounds for this problem.

1. Give users access to the development server and have them save their report selections as entirely new report files.
  2. Capture user preferences in another application. Save these to a database and give them a label. Create a new column in the dataset that tags each row with the label name. In SAS VA, use a single dropdown selection to select this label.
  3. Insert a stored process in SAS VA that uses javascript to select user selections. Must save user selections in separate application first.

All three of these ideas seem terrible to me. I was wondering what others have done to save user selections.

1 REPLY 1
Mickey_SAS
SAS Employee

I just happened upon this post from a few years back.  I did want to note that the report state is saved for users as of the Visual Analytics 8.3 release.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=8.3&docsetId=vavwrwn&docsetTarget=p1knyhzeh...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation