Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SSO after Upgrade to 9.4 M5

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SSO after Upgrade to 9.4 M5

Hi all,

We just finished upgrading our SAS tiers to 9.4 M5 and we lost our SSO. We get a logon page displayed now even though we had it configured prior to this upgrade.

Does anybody know what config files got overwritten with the new ones. I remember we did a whole bunch way back.

We have Meta and Mid on one server - OA/Compute on another server and VA/Compute on another

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-01-2018 07:13 AM
Occasional Contributor

Re: SSO after Upgrade to 9.4 M5

So I finally got it working again after upgrade and the documentation link is not even close to what we have.

We use SPN/Kerberos/Keytab

So here are the files I ended up modifying as they got overwritten and even the folder content got overwritten.

\SAS\Config\Lev1\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\conf\Catalina\localhost\SASLogon.xml

\SAS\Config\Lev1\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\conf\jaas.config

krb5.ini was deleted from the directory structure

and I have done the same for SASServr2_1 andASServer12_1

Thanks to all that responded.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

Hello @kkhelif,

it depends on your SSO configuration. For SSO with IWA, please read: http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisecag&docsetTarget=n1d1zo1jsf2o0en1ehu4c4simfky.htm&docsetV...

SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS
Occasional Contributor

Our SSO/IWA

Thanks guys for the links I already looked at those. our HTTPS work but we get the login screen now instead of using windows authentication and no Logon.

I should have written down all the files we modified for Single Sign on. I am sure they got all overwritten with the M5 upgrade.

SAS Super FREQ

@kkhelif,

All of the files are listed on these pages. Maybe you did a backup before an upgrade? 

Occasional Contributor

Our Production environment is not upgraded yet.. I can look at that and compare.

We did take a snapshot of all 3 tiers in DEV before upgrade. I will try to look at the differences

Solution
‎03-01-2018 07:13 AM
Occasional Contributor

So I finally got it working again after upgrade and the documentation link is not even close to what we have.

We use SPN/Kerberos/Keytab

So here are the files I ended up modifying as they got overwritten and even the folder content got overwritten.

\SAS\Config\Lev1\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\conf\Catalina\localhost\SASLogon.xml

\SAS\Config\Lev1\Web\WebAppServer\SASServer1_1\conf\jaas.config

krb5.ini was deleted from the directory structure

and I have done the same for SASServr2_1 andASServer12_1

Thanks to all that responded.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation