Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS visual analytics autoload data in subfolders

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS visual analytics autoload data in subfolders

Hi,

We are running sas VA 7.3 on windows. I am a new administrator on it.

We got a lot of data from different areas which we now loads to a single folder (autoload) on VA.

Is it possible or what is best practice to put data in more folders which could load into memory (as subfolders) e.g. users need to drill down in the subfolders to access data? do I need another server context (is that possible in the windows version ??). I could be interesting if I could put security on the folders as well.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-10-2017 09:26 AM
Trusted Advisor

Re: SAS visual analytics autoload data in subfolders

Hello @ANLYNG,

you can, as long as the folders maintain the folder structure (Append, Unload, Logs, Formats). You can nest autoload folders in the file system and in the metadata folders. Besides this, indeed, each autoload folder/subfolder will be a new Autoload process.

Please read this great blog post:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/04/04/sas-visual-analytics-autoload-configuration-made-easy/ 

View solution in original post

All Replies
SAS Super FREQ

@ANLYNG,

The autoload functionality doesn't support loading data from subfolders. You have to configure multiple autoload processes to utilize subfolders.

Solution
‎11-10-2017 09:26 AM
Trusted Advisor

Hello @ANLYNG,

you can, as long as the folders maintain the folder structure (Append, Unload, Logs, Formats). You can nest autoload folders in the file system and in the metadata folders. Besides this, indeed, each autoload folder/subfolder will be a new Autoload process.

Please read this great blog post:

https://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/04/04/sas-visual-analytics-autoload-configuration-made-easy/ 

Frequent Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Thanks for the tip. This is a great solution.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation