Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS Visual Analytics, relate multiple table in same report

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Visual Analytics, relate multiple table in same report

Hi,

I am trying to create a report in SAS Visual Analytics Report, using two tables. I have two tables. i can create graph, list, crosstabs seperately using each table in one section, but is it possible that i can create a single list or crosstab using both tables?  Tables has some common fields, not all.

table one.

Year, location, population

Table two

Year, location, disease name,confirm/suspected, numberof cases

So, both table has year and location common. I wanted to get population from table one to table two crosstab.

Any idea how i can do that?

Thanks

Badal

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-12-2016 09:23 AM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS Visual Analytics, relate multiple table in same report

badal:

The way SAS Visual Analytics is designed, each visualization on the same page/section can point to different data tables, but within the same visualization itself, all the variables/columns must come from the same data table.

If you are linking from Visualization1 (DataTable1) to Visualization2 (DataTable 2) within the same page/section (ala Interactions), or to a different page/section (same report), or to a different page/section (completely different report), you would be prompted to map the source table/variable to the target table/variable.

However, only visual display items in Visualization1 (DataTable1) - the source - can interact/link up with Visualization2 (Data Table2) - the target.  It is not possible to interact/link up items not currently showing within Visualization1 (Data Table1) and expect a linkage with Visualization (Data Table 2).

Sincerely,

Ted Stolarczyk, SAS Customer Loyalty team

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎10-12-2016 09:23 AM
SAS Employee

Re: SAS Visual Analytics, relate multiple table in same report

badal:

The way SAS Visual Analytics is designed, each visualization on the same page/section can point to different data tables, but within the same visualization itself, all the variables/columns must come from the same data table.

If you are linking from Visualization1 (DataTable1) to Visualization2 (DataTable 2) within the same page/section (ala Interactions), or to a different page/section (same report), or to a different page/section (completely different report), you would be prompted to map the source table/variable to the target table/variable.

However, only visual display items in Visualization1 (DataTable1) - the source - can interact/link up with Visualization2 (Data Table2) - the target.  It is not possible to interact/link up items not currently showing within Visualization1 (Data Table1) and expect a linkage with Visualization (Data Table 2).

Sincerely,

Ted Stolarczyk, SAS Customer Loyalty team

Post a Question
Discussion Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation