BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Zatere
Quartz | Level 8

Hi there,

I would ask for any assistance on the following.

In SAS VA in Report Designer, I am tring to create "Button Bars" options so the users can select which measure to view.

Say for example, for some Product Lines I want to see three measures of two different months: 

VALUE_Jan VALUE_Feb Quantity_Jan Quantity_Feb AVG_Jan AVG_Feb

Below how the data looks like:

VALUE_Jan VALUE_Feb Quantity_Jan Quantity_Feb AVG_Jan AVG_Feb
Product1            
Product2            
Product3            
Product4            
Product5            
Product6            
Product7            
Product8            
Product9            
Product10            

I have gone through and created the New Custom Category, the New Parameter and the New Calculated Item.  The "Buttons" I have created are as follows:

VALUE Quantity AVG

But when I create the Calculated Item I can only return either Jan or Feb data for all the measures and as a result I can only vusualise only one month.

Is there any way to visulaise both months? In other words, can I create the "Buttons" in a different way so that when I click on them both months appear?

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

What happens if you restructure your data to a long format, with the following type layout and thn add the Measure as a Button Bar. 

Not sure if this is possible given your other needs. 

Product Month Measure Value

Product1 Jan Quantity 1

Product1 Jan Average 2

Zatere
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I will have to restructure lots of my data. I just started to use SAS VA.

However, what I did was to create thre Calculated item twice: one for Jan and one for Feb. And when I create any visualisation I drag and drop both. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation