Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS Visual Analytics New Calculated Item

Occasional Contributor

SAS Visual Analytics New Calculated Item

Hi there,

I would ask for any assistance on the following.

In SAS VA in Report Designer, I am tring to create "Button Bars" options so the users can select which measure to view.

Say for example, for some Product Lines I want to see three measures of two different months: 

VALUE_Jan VALUE_Feb Quantity_Jan Quantity_Feb AVG_Jan AVG_Feb

Below how the data looks like:

VALUE_Jan VALUE_Feb Quantity_Jan Quantity_Feb AVG_Jan AVG_Feb
Product1            
Product2            
Product3            
Product4            
Product5            
Product6            
Product7            
Product8            
Product9            
Product10            

I have gone through and created the New Custom Category, the New Parameter and the New Calculated Item.  The "Buttons" I have created are as follows:

VALUE Quantity AVG

But when I create the Calculated Item I can only return either Jan or Feb data for all the measures and as a result I can only vusualise only one month.

Is there any way to visulaise both months? In other words, can I create the "Buttons" in a different way so that when I click on them both months appear?

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

Super User

Re: SAS Visual Analytics New Calculated Item

What happens if you restructure your data to a long format, with the following type layout and thn add the Measure as a Button Bar. 

Not sure if this is possible given your other needs. 

Product Month Measure Value

Product1 Jan Quantity 1

Product1 Jan Average 2

Occasional Contributor

Re: SAS Visual Analytics New Calculated Item

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I will have to restructure lots of my data. I just started to use SAS VA.

However, what I did was to create thre Calculated item twice: one for Jan and one for Feb. And when I create any visualisation I drag and drop both. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation