BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
davidbao
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am a new user to SAS VA and when I log into the VA hub I ONLY see the Theme Designer tile, I cannot add any other tiles. I have attached 2 screenshots, 1 showing what I expect to see and the other what I actually see.

I have even gone into SAS Management Console to give myself access as a VA administrator with no effect.

Thanks

David

actual.png
expected.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you are encountering the issue in this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/056.html

But, first, I suggest clickiing on the Shortcut Tile. If you click the Application drop-down list, do you see any applications other than Theme Designer. I'm asking because, if you add yourself to a role after you have already opened SAS Home, then the additional application tiles are not added by default.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Make sure you have the metadata roles Visual Analytics Data Administrator and Visual Data Builder Administrator as well.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It sounds like you are encountering the issue in this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/056.html

But, first, I suggest clickiing on the Shortcut Tile. If you click the Application drop-down list, do you see any applications other than Theme Designer. I'm asking because, if you add yourself to a role after you have already opened SAS Home, then the additional application tiles are not added by default.

davidbao
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you. drop down list is still Theme Designer only, must be the metadata license.

jhaque
Calcite | Level 5
Hi I am also facing same kind of issue. It shows white screen apart from home.left side having all apps but nothing in application theme. i tried to reset but no result. Can you please help me on this?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If SAS Home is blank, but the applications menu on the left shows the SAS Visual Analytics applications, then you might be encountering this issue:

http://support.sas.com/kb/59/914.html

Are you able to use any of the applications from the left pane, or do you see the error in the note.

davidbao
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

The issue is with your license. The accepted solution in the thread explains it.

You will need to give yourself access on SAS management console.

David

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation