BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Preethi21
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am newbie to SAS Visual Analytics tool. Started using this tool for the past few days. Referred some article on Internet about passing parameters to a report. Why this limitation to pass Date as parameter? Also I need a clarification on this point. When I import an excel file as  datasource, Is there any way to use the XL datasource data item in another data source. i.e., Is it possible to create a calculated data item for a data source which is created from a source table? Provided these two data sources don't have any common column.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Preethi21,

Have you tried using the data builder to create a data query using the source table? From there, you can create a column expression. Here is some more information that might help you: SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

Preethi21
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried creating a data item using expression using within the data source, but not from different data sources.

Regards,

Preethi Geetha

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Preethi,

working with multiple data Source w/o any common table, as don't think we can create new calculated column between those.

whatever you have do to is before it gets loaded into SAS LASR or VA.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation