Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS Visual Analytics - Data Source communication

New Contributor

SAS Visual Analytics - Data Source communication

Hi,

I am newbie to SAS Visual Analytics tool. Started using this tool for the past few days. Referred some article on Internet about passing parameters to a report. Why this limitation to pass Date as parameter? Also I need a clarification on this point. When I import an excel file as  datasource, Is there any way to use the XL datasource data item in another data source. i.e., Is it possible to create a calculated data item for a data source which is created from a source table? Provided these two data sources don't have any common column.

Thanks in advance!

SAS Employee

Re: SAS Visual Analytics - Data Source communication

Hi Preethi21,

Have you tried using the data builder to create a data query using the source table? From there, you can create a column expression. Here is some more information that might help you: SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

New Contributor

I have tried creating a data item using expression using within the data source, but not from different data sources.

Regards,

Preethi Geetha

Contributor

Hi Preethi,

working with multiple data Source w/o any common table, as don't think we can create new calculated column between those.

whatever you have do to is before it gets loaded into SAS LASR or VA.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation