Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS VISUAL ANALYTICS 8.2

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS VISUAL ANALYTICS 8.2

I have following queries with respect to SAS Viya:

1. Building Models: Does SAS VA provide flexibility for making changes to the model equation generated through SAS VA? Also, can the user write his own code using the interface and make data manipulations etc.?
  2. Generating forecasts:  Is it possible to plug-in a user-defined model equation and generate forecasts for a chosen data using that equation?
  3. Variable Selection: Incase a particular KPI is not available in the existing options, can the user write his/her own code and add the KPI to the list of options
  4. Data limitations: Does SAS VA have any limitations in terms of data size used for performing predictive analytics using the SAS VA interface
  5. Charts/Graphs: Is it possible to export graphs/charts in the same excel where model results are exported?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
a week ago
SAS Employee

Re: SAS VISUAL ANALYTICS 8.2

1) Not within VA; you have to export the model and then you can change the score code.  For models that use an ASTORE table for the scoring process, I don't think you can manipulate the model in any detailed way.

2) No; you would need to use a dedicated forecasting product for that (e.g. Forecast Studio).

3) Do you mean create a new calculated column?  This is available from the Data panel.  

4) There are some limits, usually on the number of variables that you can assign to a model.  Rows should not be limited, although Forecasting does require time binning to avoid plotting too many points.

5) I don't think so.  The data exports as a nice Excel sheet, but the charts/graphs download as images or PDFs in a separate feature (export data versus 'print').  The print feature does also print the details tables, which contain the model parameters.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
a week ago
SAS Employee

Re: SAS VISUAL ANALYTICS 8.2

1) Not within VA; you have to export the model and then you can change the score code.  For models that use an ASTORE table for the scoring process, I don't think you can manipulate the model in any detailed way.

2) No; you would need to use a dedicated forecasting product for that (e.g. Forecast Studio).

3) Do you mean create a new calculated column?  This is available from the Data panel.  

4) There are some limits, usually on the number of variables that you can assign to a model.  Rows should not be limited, although Forecasting does require time binning to avoid plotting too many points.

5) I don't think so.  The data exports as a nice Excel sheet, but the charts/graphs download as images or PDFs in a separate feature (export data versus 'print').  The print feature does also print the details tables, which contain the model parameters.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation