BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JeroenP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a drop-down control in my dasboard which contains the quarters of a year (text). Further I have a cross tab with the

cashflows of the chosen period. In the cross tab I want to compare the chosen period with a previous period but here I get stuck
and I tried to search the internet but could not find the selution.

I hope that someone can help me.

Best regards,

Jeroen

screenshot.png
2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

SAS Visual Analytics enables you to create many different derived calculated data items such as "difference from previous parallel period." The documentation is here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0uroboxihl12on1pzzkf...

JeroenP
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the derived calculated items are limited. The cashflow in the crosstab is based on a text filter (drop-downlist control) for example 'Q1 2016' and I want to compare this with  the cashflows 'Q4-2015' in the same crosstab. So entirely not based on a date. Probably the answer is a calculated data item with something like:

if (previous period = 😎 return cashflow else 0

But then I get when previous period = 8 only the cashflows based on the filter from the drop-downlist.

Best regards.

Jeroen

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation