Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS VA cross tab sales

New Contributor

SAS VA cross tab sales

Hi,

I have a drop-down control in my dasboard which contains the quarters of a year (text). Further I have a cross tab with the

cashflows of the chosen period. In the cross tab I want to compare the chosen period with a previous period but here I get stuck
and I tried to search the internet but could not find the selution.

I hope that someone can help me.

Best regards,

Jeroen

screenshot.png
SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS VA cross tab sales

SAS Visual Analytics enables you to create many different derived calculated data items such as "difference from previous parallel period." The documentation is here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0uroboxihl12on1pzzkf...

New Contributor

Re: SAS VA cross tab sales

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the derived calculated items are limited. The cashflow in the crosstab is based on a text filter (drop-downlist control) for example 'Q1 2016' and I want to compare this with  the cashflows 'Q4-2015' in the same crosstab. So entirely not based on a date. Probably the answer is a calculated data item with something like:

if (previous period = 8) return cashflow else 0

But then I get when previous period = 8 only the cashflows based on the filter from the drop-downlist.

Best regards.

Jeroen

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation