BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rahul_SAS
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Experts,

I have to establish a connection SAS Visual Analytic to Oracle 10g in linux environment so could anybody guid me how do i do that. If any relevant document please provide.

Regards

Rahul 

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS VA uses the same SAS software to connect to Oracle as other SAS components. That means you would need to have installed and licensed SAS/ACCESS to Oracle or SAS/ACCESS to ODBC.

Run the following code to confirm what SAS products you are licensed for: proc setinit noalias; run;

Please advise which of these products you have. If you have neither then you will not be able to connect to Oracle.

This link may be helpful: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnlaxsr/66396/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

Rahul_SAS
Quartz | Level 8

hi SASKiwi,

what is the difference between SAS/ACCESS to Oracle or SAS/ACCESS to ODBC. If I have SAS/ACCESS to ODBC so what is the complete process with command which is usefule in linux.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS/ACCESS to ODBC gives you the flexibility to use it for other databases apart from Oracle without getting another SAS/ACCESS product.

I'm not sure what you mean by "complete process with command".

If you want to know how to install or configure SAS/ACCESS to ODBC then here is a starting point for post-install steps: https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnunxcg/66380/PDF/default/config.pdf

You can search further in the install documentation for the rest of the process.

If you want to know how to use SAS with Oracle then it is the same for all operating systems. Search on the SAS support site for SAS 9.4 ODBC documention. You can use both SQL, SAS DATA steps and procedures on Oracle via ODBC.

Community_Help
SAS Employee

Hi, I am moving your question to our SAS Visual Analytics Community so that your question will have visibility to other VA users who go there. Thanks!

cc to Community Manager

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Here is a link to a relavent page in the VA User's Guide:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/66720/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1ee44qnbsxa2on11zu9j...

It also briefly describes the assumptions made to opening the connection to Oracle, which I will reiterate as:

1. The server has access the Oracle client installed

2. The server is licensed with SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle

For help with installation you should reference the guide for your specific OS to make sure the SAS/ACCESS interface is properly installed and configured.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation