BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I've created a Sankey diagram which has a large range of weights from 200,000 down to 1.

I've split the data into 2 Diagrams to help reduce the range but I still find events with a weight of 60,000 & others with 1 still not showing the weight for the '1' value.

I've checked the checkboxes for Labels, Nodes & Outline but the smaller numbers do not display even when I hover over them?

is there another setting/method I can use?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I believe by default only the top 200 ranked paths are shown - so in large diagrams you may not see paths with insignificant weights. This is default as typically you want to concentrate on the paths more travelled. You can change the ranking in the properties panel and increase the number of paths shown if required. You may also show the bottom 200 paths for example.

However the diagram automatically adjust visible node labels based on the space available when rendering the diagram. Since thinner paths don't provide enough room to display a value - the graph hides these values. However you can inspect values by hovering over the path to see the tooltip or by looking at the detail table view (top right corner - 1st button). The detail table also has a nice behaviour to have the row selected of the current selected path. You may also show the diagram overview (top right corner - 2nd button) to zoom into the diagram which often makes it easier to select paths of interest.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Falko

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I believe by default only the top 200 ranked paths are shown - so in large diagrams you may not see paths with insignificant weights. This is default as typically you want to concentrate on the paths more travelled. You can change the ranking in the properties panel and increase the number of paths shown if required. You may also show the bottom 200 paths for example.

However the diagram automatically adjust visible node labels based on the space available when rendering the diagram. Since thinner paths don't provide enough room to display a value - the graph hides these values. However you can inspect values by hovering over the path to see the tooltip or by looking at the detail table view (top right corner - 1st button). The detail table also has a nice behaviour to have the row selected of the current selected path. You may also show the diagram overview (top right corner - 2nd button) to zoom into the diagram which often makes it easier to select paths of interest.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Falko

Oscarboots
Quartz | Level 8

Apologies for the delayed reply Falco.

Thanks for the info, I have decided that I need to manually create the chart & add text boxes to the various lines to show the values.

This workaround suits the purpose & I understand that Sankey Diagrams aren't specifically designed for what I'm doing.

Once again, thanks for your sage advice.  :  )

Peter

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation