BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cat_No_Sova
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, all!

I have a dataset like this:

client_ID| open_date    | close_date

abc123  | yyyy-mm-dd | yyyy-mm-dd

I wonder how I can plot in SAS VA a chart of  number of opened and minus number of closed clients by years?

7 REPLIES 7
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

I'd created a couple of calculated items to show open and closed calls

something like

IF ( 'close_date'n Missing )
RETURN 0
ELSE 1

then an aggregated measure 

Sum [_ByGroup_] ('closed'n)

to aggregate

If you want  open - closed would be something like

Sum [_ByGroup_] ('open'n) - Sum [_ByGroup_] ('closed'n)

Then use the aggregated measures in your chart object

Cat_No_Sova
Calcite | Level 5

I need a graph like this. I've tried to group but it doesn't plot in one chart.

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Can you post some sample data?

Cat_No_Sova
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, but I can't send you data. All I can tell is just that datatable consists of 3 columns: client_ID, open_date, close_date. Everyone has open-date but only someone has close date.

I need to show how many clients has opened and closed by year. It's very simple to do in Excel. But I'm creating a dashboard in SAS VA for web-site. I've tried to use barchart and count clients grouping by date, but such approach doesn't allow to put datasets on the same plot. I'm puzzled.

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

What goes on the Y axis? ClientID?

I have done a really quick exampe based on the formula I described above, mine looks like

Capture.GIF

Cat_No_Sova
Calcite | Level 5

Number of clients on Y-axis and years on X-axis.

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Have a look at how I set up the roles in my example, should give you that (unless I've missunderstood)

If year is a measure, duplicate it (right click on it) and set the new version as a category (another right click) to allow you to select it as the category (x-axis)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation