BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sascodequestion
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if there any specific log which will have the user information with Unsuccesfull attempts. For example I have registered myself  in metadata by using User Manager. Now assume that I am trying to access a dashboard in SAS VA, but somehow I don’t have the access to view the dash board. Will this particular transaction is created in any log? Please let me know in case my question is not clear, I will provide some additional information.

2 REPLIES 2
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

HI @sascodequestion;

I think enabling Audit Reports in SAS VA can help you on this,

after enabling audit reports, you can view that which user have performed which action in VA like:

• Open Report
  • Load a LASR Table
  • Run the query
  • Export a table from report    

and much more things you can explore from this.

Here is the link to enable audit report in SAS VA :

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Getting-started-with-SAS-Visual-Analytics-7-1...

I hope I am telling the same thing which you need Smiley Happy

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are asking specifically about your user being unable to open a SAS Visual Analytics report, then you might be able to find out why by looking at the SAS Visual Analytics Designer log.

SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerX_Y/SASVisualAnalyticsDesigner7.3.log

Note that you need the following permissions to open a report:

--ReadMetadata on the server
--ReadMetadata and Read on the LASR table
--ReadMetadata on the report

If you are talking about an exploration, the same permissions apply.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation