Exploring, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS VA Log

Occasional Contributor

SAS VA Log

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if there any specific log which will have the user information with Unsuccesfull attempts. For example I have registered myself  in metadata by using User Manager. Now assume that I am trying to access a dashboard in SAS VA, but somehow I don’t have the access to view the dash board. Will this particular transaction is created in any log? Please let me know in case my question is not clear, I will provide some additional information.

Frequent Contributor

Re: SAS VA Log

HI @sascodequestion;

I think enabling Audit Reports in SAS VA can help you on this,

after enabling audit reports, you can view that which user have performed which action in VA like:

• Open Report
  • Load a LASR Table
  • Run the query
  • Export a table from report    

and much more things you can explore from this.

Here is the link to enable audit report in SAS VA :

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Getting-started-with-SAS-Visual-Analytics-7-1...

I hope I am telling the same thing which you need Smiley Happy

SAS Super FREQ

Re: SAS VA Log

If you are asking specifically about your user being unable to open a SAS Visual Analytics report, then you might be able to find out why by looking at the SAS Visual Analytics Designer log.

SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerX_Y/SASVisualAnalyticsDesigner7.3.log

Note that you need the following permissions to open a report:

--ReadMetadata on the server
--ReadMetadata and Read on the LASR table
--ReadMetadata on the report

If you are talking about an exploration, the same permissions apply.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation