BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi mates,

Recently, i've found out that there is the possibilty to work with tables in SAS VA using star schema,

witch is why this could solve loads of problems here.

Star Schema: A star schema consists of a collection of tables that are logically related to each other. 

My questions are:

- How can i create a star schema ?

- Is it possible to work with more than one table and correlate them while creating a report ?

- May i create a relationship before create a report to work with more than one table ?

- If yes, Is there anyway to only relate them and use ? I mean not to create a third table ?

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
- The documentation should cover the how's. This subject has also been touched in a few global forum papers.
- Yes, that's the main idea
- Yes, that's the main idea
- Well, definition wise, the relationship of a star schema is kinda virtual. But it materialises during query. So given the input from different sites this works best, at least resource consumption wise, ix you have many smaller star schemas.
Data never sleeps
DartRodrigo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @LinusH

Is there any tutorial to setup this ?

Thanks in Advance

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

We are glad to help you, but it's annoying when you don't even try to gather this information yourself.

I found this within 5 secs...

https://support.sas.com/cdlsearch?qt=star+schema&Find=Search&qp=url%3A%2Fdocumentation%2Fcdl%2Fen%2F...

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation