Exploring, modeling, predicting and reporting with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Statistics

SAS VA - Date Range slider issue

Occasional Contributor

SAS VA - Date Range slider issue

Hi All,

I have a report which utilises a date range slider at the top which I would like to show by default the entire date range. This is fine when I first set up the report, however as the dataset grows and the data becomes refreshed with new data and dates, when the report is re-opened, the date range slider by default is only showing up to the date when it was previously loaded. For instance, I have a dataset which holds data from 28th Jul'14 to 27th Aug'14, so when I first created the report, the sliders are set to the min and max of the dataset. When I next refresh the dataset, the range has increased to 30th Aug'14, but the slider is currently showing the below:

SAS VA - Date range issue.jpg

Whereas what I would like users to see by default is the entire date range selected as below:

SAS VA - Date range issue2.jpg

Am I missing something obvious which I need to change? It's worth mentioning that this is on version 6.2 of SAS VA.

Kind regards,

Alex

Contributor

Re: SAS VA - Date Range slider issue

You are not missing something.  I have the same problem.

My solution:

I have to identical sections; the first with a slider and the second without.

When the user opens the report he sees the full period. If he want to change the period he switches to the other section.

I have the same problem when I use a drop down list with months. Then I wish that I could set default value to current month.

There I have a similar solution, where the first sections only show current month, and to see the historical data, the user has to change sections.

Occasional Contributor

Re: SAS VA - Date Range slider issue

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply, although it does seem a bit of a cumbersome solution in that you have to duplicate every single report which uses a slider which is a bit time consuming! I wonder if there is another solution for this in a future version?

Kind regards,

Alex

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation